Please read the following information about the Bend Waves Waterpolo Club 2023 SPRING SEASON.
1. Dates: February 21st, 2023 to mid-June 2023
2. Season Cost Breakdown:
12U/14U Spring Season (before Feb 1st) $850 for season (payment option available)
(Feb 1st or after) $900 for season
16U/18U Spring Season (before Feb 1st) $950 for season (payment option available)
(Feb 1st or after) $1000 for season
3. Tournament Fees- There will be a cost of $50 per tournament this season. There will be a seperate registration for each tournament.
4. Club Suits- All players who choose to participate in tournaments will be required to purchase a club suit for the 2023 season. The details on how to order will come by email in the next month or two.
5. Sweatshirts- There will be an opportunity to purchase sweatshirts (and possibly other swag) for the 2023 season, please stay tuned for more information.
6. Tournament Volunteers- The spring Cascade Classic tournament at Juniper Pool is hosted by our club. This tournament is 100% run by the parents of the club and is reliant on our parents volunteering their time to make it a success. We are requesting that all families plan to have at least one parent volunteer for at least one volunteer job. We will send information in March about how to sign up.
1. What is Splashball and does Bend Waves offer Splashball?
At this time, Bend Waves does not offer a Splashball program. We hope to start our program back up in the future, please check back for updates.
Splashball is a basic introduction to water polo and is appropriate for new players 6 to 9 years old. Practices are held in shallow water, so kids only need to be water safe to participate. Our program is based on the USA Water Polo Splashball program. USA Water Polo Splashball or bronze memberships are required to join this program.
2.Which division do I register my player in?
Each division is grouped by age and players who are under that age. 14U means players 14 and under.
The age of an athlete on August 1st of the competition year determines the age group the athlete is eligible to compete in. For example, if your child is 14 years old on August 1st, he is considered 14 years old and will play in our 14U division.
10U (10 years and under)
12U (10-12 years old).
14U (13-14 years old).
16U (15-16 years old).
18U (15 to 18 years old).
3. Can my player do a free trial?
Yes! Try for FREE by signing up for a temporary USA Water Polo Trial membership. Just complete the online trial membership at www.USAWATERPOLO.org and show up to one of our scheduled practice times. Be sure to check in with a coach before entering the pool as your membership ID will need to be verified. This option is temporary and will provide you with a few practices to understand the excitement of the game!
4. Does Bend Waves offer scholarships? Yes! Please see our scholarship page.